1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? So so many things: changed explosive diapers, wiped snot with my sleeve from a baby's face, fell asleep in various strange positions without dropping a baby, had minor surgery without anesthia, packed a wound, lots of ouchy icky and otherwise strange things :)
2. What places did you visit? Indianapolis for the Regina Spektor concert, woot!!
3. What was your favorite film of this year? hmmm....thinking, thinking....not sure, saw a hell of a lot of seasons of 24....really liked Black Dahlia though
4. What was your favorite holiday in 2007 and why? Christmas was nice again :), just because it was a good relaxing time away from the house.
5. What was your most watched tv show during 2007? America's Next Top Model, saw every damn season...why oh why did I get addicted? I blame that one day at Catherine's house for the beginning of it *grin*
6. What was your favorite TV program? Lost still, though it didn't start the new season until 2008
7. What was the best book or book series you read? the last Harry Potter, it totally made my reading year
8. What was your greatest musical discovery? Regina Spektor, the goddess....Bloc Party and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting but those were the main two that rocked my musical world
9. Which celebrity/public figure did you read about/keep up with the most? I heard entirely too much about Britney Spears this year...entirely way too much
10. What relationships began, ended, or significantly changed during 2007? Why and how? *sigh* saw lots of changes in relationships this year. started one and it totally changed with Christian through Second Life, lost friendship with Chris but regained that back, started, changed and ended relationships/friendships with several others including many sl people
11. What was your biggest expenditure in 2007? Do you feel you got your money’s worth? My new car, and definitely
12. Who was your mentor or role model in 2007? Not sure I really had one, I just tried to pull role model stuff from everyone
13. Who was the most helpful professional or service person you dealt with in 2007? God knows, I haven't a clue
14. Who was the least helpful professional or service person you dealt with in 2007? Least is definitely the people in the Family Service center for messing up my food stamps time and time again as well as the idiot Dr. Tapp who failed me on more than one occasion
15. Did you learn any new skills in 2007? If so, what? uhm...besides those pertaining to mothering, nope :)
16. What skills did you work on developing further or fine tuning in 2007? patience, loads and loads of that
17. What did you learn about yourself in 2007? that being unhappy is a choice i've made far too much and that the power to change that is inside of me, and that I can take a lot more pain than I thought
18. What did you learn about someone close to you in 2007? That laziness extends far beyond procrastination
19. What did you keep close to your heart in 2007? my guilt and shame from living so poorly and having to depend on other's help and sadly, I kept a lot of my initial disappointment and unacceptance about the second pregnancy quiet
20. What transitions did you experience in 2007? loss of all income, mothering a baby and then toddler, a second pregnancy
21. What was your biggest achievement/accomplishment/personal gain of 2007? hah, i'm not sure I had one
22. What was your biggest failure/setback/disappointment of 2007? getting pregnant so soon again, and not being able to find a job
23. What was your personal success that was the most meaningful to you in 2007? (Not the same question as 21 as the biggest may or may not be the most personally meaningful) as said, unknown
24. Did you suffer illness or injury in 2007? Is it ongoing or better now? God's yes....there was the staph infection, which totally sucked major major ass but it's all over now :)
25. What was the best thing you bought in 2007? My car
26. What was the best gift you received in 2007? My gargoyle on the pedestal that I got from my father lurve lurve lurve it
27. Whose behavior merited celebration in 2007? My parents' who have helped me out in more than one way and more than one time
28. Whose behavior upset you greatly?Jason, who failed to live up to his promises of taking care of this family while I took a year off of work :(
29. Of those close to you, who had the best/most positive attitude in 2007? hmmm...Lukas, that little positive boy
30. Of those close to you, who had the worst/most depressing attitude in 2007? Jason, understandably on the depressing, but having the worst attitude made it that depressing
31. What did you do for fun in 2007? in the first part of the year, second life at night....later during the year, there wasn't much fun to be had, so I just had to go with playing with Lukas
32. What meaningful hobbies/activities did you engage in during 2007? who has time for hobbies when you have a baby? rofl
33. What song will always remind you of 2007? anything by Regina Spektor, and "It's a Big Big World" which was sung obsessively to soothe the older baby
34. What do you wish you’d done more of in 2007? worked, went outside, and traveled
35. What do you wish you’d done less of in 2007? worried, stressed, and leaned on my parents
36. Did you fall in love or date anyone significant in 2007? I did, and gained a wonderful friendship from it
37. How many one-night stands or brief encounters did you have in 2007? none
38. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? don't think so
39. Do you love anyone now that you didn’t love this time last year? yes, the new friends in my life are much loved and weren't even known last year :)
40. What did you want or need and get? a car and money to carry on with the bill paying
41. What did you want or need and not get? a job :( and the all too important me time
42. What was your absolute weirdest encounter with another human being during 2007? hmm....can't think of anything in particular
45. What was your best/happiest encounter with another human being during 2007? many of my happiest times this year were spent talking with Christian...as sad as that is to say but the happiest are times I spent with Lukas, can I stress how much a joy he is?
46. What was your worst/most distressing encounter with another human being in 2007? so many times with Jason this year including finding out we were pregnant again but the worst was probably the surgery to remove the staph infection *shudder*
47. What got fixed and improved in 2007 and who fixed it? hmmm...well my parents certainly "fixed" our financial situation many times
48. What was the prettiest thing you saw during 2007? uhm....i have no idea
49. Who did you miss in 2007? everyone
50. Whose presence were you grateful for every day? (or nearly every day anyways) Lukas, and my mother
51. Who was the best new person you met or got to know in 2007? Christian, without a doubt
52. What was the best gift you gave to another being during 2007? to quote Peter Griffith, "the gift of a child's laughter" lol
53. What are you proud of from 2007? That I made it through it
54. What good thing did you persist in despite tiredness, boredom, or discouragement during 2007? I persisted in this 2nd pregnancy and persisted on trying to work on my relationship with my loved ones
55. What dumb thing did you persist in despite better knowledge in 2007? in some ways, having faith that Jason would make things better...sad to say, but true....though I still have that dumb faith that he will make it all better and I really want him to succeed
56. If applicable, what kept you sane? My mother and as always, Lukas lukas lukas
57. If applicable, what drove you crazy? nearly everything lol, but at the end of the year I was drove the most crazy by the toddler removing every utensil and pot holder from the kitchen drawers
58. What was your most meaningful moment of 2007, the thing that makes you say, “yes, this is all worthwhile!”? Every moment with Lukas (i'm a fricking broken record, but it's so true)
59. What stable thing in your life became less stable in 2007? being able to pay bills :( and my health
60. What unstable thing in your life became more stable in 2006? hmmm....housework
61. What political issue made you the happiest? the raising of minimum wage
62. What political issue disturbed you the most? the sad continuing state of the fight between the parties over the border
63. What decisions did you make in 2007 that will likely affect 2008 and beyond? having a second child and staying with Jason
>64. What is a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007 that you would like to pass on to others? This year it really hit home that I need to shrug off what the hell other people think of me because in the end, you just have to live the best that you know how and can live.
65. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: not a song lyric, but it's a quote that had me all year long "Within him, I lose myself, without him I find myself wanting to be lost again."
66. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year's resolutions
1. Lose 25 lbs because I'm determined to get under 200 again and to get much healthier. didn't happen :(...got down to 215 but then got pregnant again *sigh*
2. Take the GRE.NOPE! but I did study like crazy and feel prepared for the test anytime that I can get to take it
3. Photograph my baby boy like crazy but particularly for his milestones and to get at least one professional family picture made this year.totally rocked this goal :)
4. Get married, by hell or high water damn it!rofl!!! uhm no, and not even making that a goal for this year
5. Go back to creating digitial work for my and other's amusement. eh..did a little, but baby took a lot of time
6. Invest more time in my friendships.i think i'll call this one a done deal, though i lost contact a bit when i lost internet
This year's resolutions
1. Get a career that makes me happy
2. Find a way to juggle children and work
3. Reign in finances to not only get by but to have enough
4. Get below 200 lbs
5. Work on relationship with Jason
67. Did anyone close to you give birth? Catherine's daughter, my cousin, and that's about it
68. Did anyone close to you die? My fiance's grandfather :(
69. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? just various bdays, nothing else stands out
70. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder :(
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? much much poorer
71. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 31, and did absolutely nothing :(
72. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? having the bills paid on time and by us alone, and having a job
73. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? whatever was clean lol
74. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? uhm.....not sure there was one this year
Go to your Calendar and find the first entry for each month of 2007. Post the first line of it in your journal, and that's your "Year In Review".
hmmm, doubt I have one for every month, so let's see:
January:Because it's important to review and I did such a piss poor job of journaling my life this year, here is the year rap up meme....
February:Holy shit on a stick!
March: just once i'd like someone to do something for me and let it be known that they are doing it just because they love me so much or because it means so much to me that they do it.
May: today, while lost amidst advil untouchable cramps, I sat outside and smoked a cigarette in one of my few moments of peace.
July: just when i thought i'd never find the time to write in this, I decided it's time to continue on with my list of things I'd like to change, writing in my journal regularly being one of them.
August: <tr><td class="entry">
</td><td class="medLine" width="1"></td></tr><tr><td class="medLine" width="1"></td><td class="entry">
studying for the GRE is leaving me for the most part discouraged.</td></tr>
October: yeah yeah i suck at this journal anymore, i'm just trying to save up everything so that i can vomit it all out at once *laugh*.
Conclusion: Get more of my own life this year :)