May 6th, 2008


doctor's appointment of lurve, we hope?

smallish update, still no baby. Yesterday I felt pretty darn normal, no contractions but hella crampy. This morning I woke to severe back pain and cramps again which led to another hour of uncomfortable contractions that fizzled out during a nap in a rocking chair. I have a doctors appointment at 2, where they will be doing the nonstress test on the baby to check how she's doing in there. I plan to lay the smackdown on them telling them all the nitty-gritty from mucous plug/bloody show to the now prolonged labor with hopes that they will have some sort of solution other than "waiting it out". I've googled as much as I could on this condition which is known as prodromal labor and unless I'm in an extended active labor (having dilated more than 4 cm and/or waterbroke) most experts agree that no harm will come to the baby so the average solution is to let it be. This could all end with induction however if the nonstress test shows any fetal distress or uterine breakdown. My own personal theory? That my body is fucked up and not releasing the proper amount of hormones to do this labor stuff, OR that the baby is in the "stargazing position" putting pressure on the cervix in a way that is slowing labor, OR that the baby is simply to big and yet not yet to come out. We shall know soon enough, after all a promised induction for sure is only a week away and as they say "the baby can't stay in there forever".

and I missed imaginarylove00's b'day yesterday :(....happy belated Sonya! sorry i couldn't give you a baby to join ya
film strip-brace yourself

and lo the lord said there shall be induction...eventually

And I'm back from the doctor. The nonstress test didn't show anything unusual on the baby's heartbeat, and I'm only dilated to 3 cm's (about 75% effaced) so all the crampyness and contractions this week have been mostly nonproductive. I could feel her pushing against the baby's head though when she did the manual exam, so the baby is sitting a little lower. They heard everything I had to say but didn't see reason to push the induction up early *sad panda face*. So as of now, I have another appointment for Friday morning to check me and if all else fails, I have an induction scheduled for Monday, May 12th at 5:30 am. Unfortunately, it's with the short stubby handed doctor that is my least favorite out of all the doctor's in the health center. Ah well. Edit: holy crap I was wrong! had the dr's name's screwed up and the doc that will induce is actually my favorite doctor out of the whole group, yay me!

So we know this, unless she finally stops being stubborn, I shall have a baby by the end of May 12th. Come hell or high water.
  • Current Mood
    disappointed disappointed
  • Tags