Can I be a posting whore tonight?
Meme of 2005 gacked from msjoplin:
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Hmmmm....applied for unemployment, owned a fansite, took professional photographs, ate Indian food, and got engaged after an honest to god proposal with a big ass ring :D....and uhm...can't think of anything else :D
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hah! Didn't make any but this year I will.
1. Lose 25 lbs.
2. Learn something new everyday.
3. Keep my websites up to date.
4. Go to LA to see Craig
5. Take the GRE
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Hell yeahs! First celtic gave birth to a lil cutie! and then one of my best buddies, Chris had his first daughter (I'm Aunty Ema :D)
4. Did anyone close to you die? No one particular close to me died but a lot of my favorite actors and actresses passed this year, all of which affected me.
5. What countries did you visit? none :(((((
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A GRE score *giggle*, a satisfying job, and a husband (with hope).
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hah! Let's see....Jan 23rd: celebration of my after birthday when I got to see Phantom :); Mar 5th: Engagement at Taj Palace; Aug 31st: Last day at Parkview; Sept 30th: Freedom from the hell that is Alco Management Inc.; Oct 14th: The LOTR exhibit; Nov 4th: 4th anniversary with Jason *happy sigh*; and that's it :D.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting free of that awful job :D
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting hired very quickly and not keeping up with my sites.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Depressions, practical nervous breakdowns, insane "female" problems, and sinusitis out the ass.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Geez that's a tough one....uhm....probably my Craig Ferguson Albums and the Lost Dvds :).
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My friends in RL and on here that put up with me and Jason's, who has seemed to really work hard at loving this year (a great feat for him).
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? A few RL friends, who disappointed me in ways I never expected by giving up and my own because I was often cruel, stupid, and stubborn.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, crap for my websites, and more recently Second Life :D.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? *giggle* easier would be to ask what I didn't get excited about. But mainly The Phantom movie, Lost, Alias, Rent, the LOTR exhibit, quiting Alco, new LOST,the new Harry Potter, Craig *giggle*, uhm...everything :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Geez, that's so hard.....but most likely, Gavin Degraw's "I Don't Want to Be"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder sadder sadder (and happier in other areas)
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner (woot!)
c) richer or poorer? so much poorer you wouldn't believe
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Had fun with the family, visited nature, excersized, relaxed
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Fight, worry, whine, and stress.
20.How will you be spending Christmas? Not sure yet about Christmas day, but hopefully with the ones I love the most, eating too much and smiling.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005? I refell in love with life and Jason and developed a very loving affection for Craig.
22. How many one-night stands? Are we talking internet too? Cause then I've had a few lol (kidding kidding *does the Craig "no" shake*)
23. What was your favourite TV program? Lost
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope, just generally pissed at a few, no hate.
25. What was the best book you read? Most likely the Harry Potter, the others were so so
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Rufus Wainwright, Robert Downey Jr., and Dougie McClain.
27. What did you want and get? lots of things, mostly Craig related, plus my engagement ring.
28. What did you want and not get? Peace, a wedding date set, and a good job :).
29. What was your favourite film of this year? Rent, followed by Phantom, followed by too damn many.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? First of all, haven't had it yet, but I'll be 29 *gulp*
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Quitting sooner and winning my unemployment claim.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Comfortable and functional with a little style.
33. What kept you sane? Livejournal and Craig. Plus you guys and my kitties
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Craig!!!
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Homosexual marriage (you bastards that voted it down!) and the war.
36. Who did you miss? Chris and now Catherine :(
37. Who was the best new person you met? Heather, without a doubt
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Do not stay in a place where you are unhappy and unwelcome. It does no good whatsoever. and also, lighten up chicka.
39. Song lyric that sums up your year: "I'm tired of looking 'round rooms, Wondering what I've got to do, Or who I'm
supposed to be, I don't want to be anything other than me" and "I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know what I'm saying...I don't know where I'm going, but I do know that I'm walking."
Go to your Calendar and find the first entry for each month of 2005. Post the first line of it in your journal, and that's your "Year In Review".
Jan: if today had a sound effect to go along with it, that sound would be "IEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".
Feb: well well well. I went home Wednesday at lunch because I felt ill.
Mar: I have this pit in my stomach today, but I don't think it's an omen....It could be, but I think I'm just worried and nervous about everyone around me who are finding themselves in terrible positions.
Apr: *knocks on computer screen* The pope is dying....fast. *looks at Mom*
May: oy vey! Going to the doctor this afternoon.
June: Good morning world (that wants to kill me slowly)!
July: hot....tired...stinky self...feet hurt...so dry, so dry...I've been working in the apartments all day.
Aug: apparently I'm doing something right:
Sept: Thank you for all the hugs and love yesterday.
Oct: Well, an update for everyone...I did quit my job on Friday.
Nov: I was going to make a phone post the other day, but it got noisy at the end so I didn't :).
Dec: So...still working too hard for a person making so little, but little by little we're somehow still treading water on the bills and my feet are becoming more accostumed to standing all day.
Conclusion: less whining this year :D