1. Your LiveJournal user name & what it means: emaleythe, and I started using this name way back in college after reading a similar one in an Anne Rice novel. I don't know what it's supposed to mean, but it feels like my magical name. It's all I ever use now
2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are? 10, if I'm not myself in my own journal, then who the hell am I writing it for?
3. How much about your life do you post to LJ? everything, my loves, my hates, my rants,...if it's not in here, either it didn't happen or isn't big enough in my life to cause me to want to document it
4. Is there anything you refuse to post about? I refuse to post nothing, if I don't want people to read it, then it shall be friends only or a private post, but the journal is for my benefit, so everything goes
5. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others? hmmm...dunno, I don't receive loads of comments, but then I don't beg for them either....to my loved ones I believe it's interesting, to acquaintances, the least I hope for is that it enlightens or entertains on occasion...god forbid anyone reads it and hates it
6. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you? uhm.....nope, but I joined because of my favorite friends among an internet support group and then found all my other friends either have one or don't want a blog
7. What proportion of your posts are friends only? hmmm...maybe only like 0.01%, I'm a pretty open person in writing....I figure, hey it's me, take it or leave it
8. What is your favorite interest on LJ? Billy Boyd stuff, but mostly I spend each and everyday pouring over my friend's journals
9. How often do you post in communities, and did you ever start your own? at least weekly, but never started one of my own....everything has been done, just about...
10. How often do you respond to/comment on other people's journals? pretty frequently...I would say that I respond or comment at least 5-10 times a day
11. Do you prefer to write in your journal or read other journals?oooh...good question. I love to write in mine, but being the voyeuristic type I love to read other peoples too....it's a toss up
12. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)? lol...unfortunately yes, had some rude and out of line comments said to me and to some friends....generally, I shy away from the conflicts, but when you have me pissed, prepare to be told
13. Have you ever banned someone from your journal? nope
14. Who are your three favorite LJ friend(s) and why? devvie, who has always been there and continues to be there despite our distance (love you still pammy!), danu_2u who is my secret twin, and tarnishedhalo who never fails to inspire and delight me.....as for the rest, there's a few others I would pick out as favorites (of course I'm ignoring the 3 rule): royko who makes me feel the need to be informed, allthatishippie who I adore, billyboydfan that tickles me, owlgrey and puddletook who I love to read, and so on and so forth....really I love all you guys (especially those not mentioned) or you would not be listed as friends
15. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you? of course, without a doubt, danu_2u, I swear, we should have been sisters
16. Why are you most likely to add someone to your friends list? someone who I've come across doing my random readings that interested, educated, delighted, or uplifted me
17. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first? not as a rule, I usually notice them there, then go and check them out....if I don't particularly find something about them that intrigues me than I will not add....but I do followup visits if I didn't add them and they continue to stay on my flist
18. What is the most likely reason you wouldn't add someone to your friends list? because they have done something or said something to someone I care about....for example, active participants in wanks, etc
19. Is your "significant other" on LJ? no, he doesn't blog, as of yet
20. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ? of course, i would love to meet about 85% of the people that are on my flist....you know who you are!